Job Title: Bar Assistant - Zero Hours
Responsible to: Head of Department
Works closely with: All Departments
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Bar Staff for the Belfry Hotel and Golf Resort, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.
The Resort has been awarded ‘England’s Leading Resort & England’s Best Golf Hotel’ the past two years and ‘Europe’s Best Golf Resort’ 2016. The Belfry is proud of its rich sporting history and heritage, hosting the Ryder Cup four times in 1985, 1989, 1993 & 2002.
Set within one of our stunning restaurants, the BelAir nightclub or part of our excellent Meeting and Events team our Bar Staff are the face of The Belfry. A passion for delivering outstanding customer service is a must coupled with a thirst for knowledge. You will have a great understanding of licencing laws and experience with cocktails would be beneficial to the position but not essential.
Scope of the Role:
The role of Bar Staff is to provide a warm welcome to our guests in all Food and Beverage outlets. You will serve all guests in a professional and efficient manner, you will identify opportunities to deliver outstanding service at all time, whilst offering a responsiveness and empathy to all customer needs.
Both exceptional customer service and communication skills are essential for this role, and the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate their ability to deliver this. The ideal candidate will possess a hunger to produce a high quality of work in a competitive environment that celebrates individual and team success.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- To serve beverages in line with licensing laws at all times
- To follow The Belfry SOP’s when preparing guests beverages
- To take food and beverage orders in a professional and efficient manner and ensure correct billing.
- To restock the bar with freshly polished glasses
- To replenish any products that have been sold
- To date label any opened product in line with Belfry standards
- To have a full working knowledge of the menus offered and presentation and preparation of all drinks served.
- To ensure the department is kept clean and tidy and operational hygiene is maintained including the office and store
- To be flexible and work to agreed rotas and be punctual for duty
- This is NOT and exhaustive list
Experience with cocktail making would be beneficial but is not essential as we do provide fantastic training and development for candidates who are new into the profession.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive Salary & Commission Package
- Meals On Duty
- Free Car parking
- 28 Days Holiday increasing to 33 after 5-year service
- Team, Friends and Family discount on rooms B&B + leisure
- Discounted stays at Our sister Hotels
- Up to 40% Discount on Food and Beverage outlets
- Up to 40% Discount at The Spa on Beauty treatments
- Discounted Gym Membership for you and your partner
- Plus Many Many More
If you feel that you fulfil the above criteria and are ready for your next career step within a progressive Hotel Company that provides lots of future career opportunities, training and progression we look forward to receiving your application in strictest confidence.