JUNIOR SOUS CHEF - FULL TIME - £27,000 INC TRONC - START DATE ASAP
The Cheese Bar are looking for a capable Junior Sous Chef to join the Back of House team at our flagship restaurant in Camden Market.
We’re dedicated to celebrating the best in British Cheese, working with suppliers from all around the country to create our signature grilled cheese sandwiches and other classic cheese-focused dishes – all seasonal, and made with the best quality produce. We're busy year-round, so you’ll need energy and a positive attitude to succeed in our small, but passionate and determined team.
You’ll work under our Head Chef and along side the rest of the team to produce and serve our menu, which you can see here: www.thecheesebar.com/camden
Full training on cheeses is provided, including industry recognised qualifications through the Academy of Cheese, as well as a range of benefits. Professional development opportunities are available within the company for those who show initiative.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch.
- Running service, helping to oversee the day-to-day running of the kitchen, and leading and motivating the BOH team in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard, as per Company specifications, training junior staff on dishes where necessary.
- Supporting the Head Chef in the management of costings, managing food purchasing and storage including liaising with suppliers.
- Continuously improve product knowledge and understanding of Company ethos, training junior staff where necessary.
- Maintaining the highest food hygiene and H&S standards within the business.
- Supporting the Head Chef in maintaining positive relationships and workflow within BOH team, and between FOH & BOH.
- Promote a positive perception of the company at all times, both internally and externally.
- 28 days holiday per year
- Monthly British cheese box
- Producer visits
- Free staff meals & trader discounts
- 50% off meals on your days off
- Full training & tastings, including Academy of Cheese qualifications
- Regular staff socials
- 1 year experience working as a Junior Sous in a good calibre of restaurant
- A strong knowledge of flavours and palate
- An awareness of British Cheese, with an interest to learn and develop a deeper understanding of it
- An understanding of seasonality and British produce
- Excellent work ethic, organisation and communication skills
- Friendly, approachable and humble