SOUS CHEF - FULL TIME - £30,000 - 32,000 INC TRONC - START DATE ASAP - SIGN-ON BONUS
The Cheese Bar are looking for a capable Sous Chef to join the Back of House team at our flagship restaurant in Camden Market.
We’re dedicated to celebrating the best in British Cheese, working with suppliers from all around the country to create our signature grilled cheese sandwiches and other classic cheese-focused dishes – all seasonal, and made with the best quality produce. We're busy year-round, so you’ll need energy and a positive attitude to succeed in our small, but passionate and determined team.
You’ll work to support the Head Chef and the rest of the back of house team to help to deliver the indulgent dining experience our customers have come to know us for. Full training on cheeses is provided, including industry recognised qualifications through the Academy of Cheese, as well as a range of benefits. Professional development opportunities are available within the company for those who show initiative.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch.
- Running service, overseeing the day-to-day running of the kitchen, and leading and motivating the BOH team.
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard, as per Company specifications, training junior staff on dishes where necessary.
- Supporting the Head Chef in menu development, management and implementation of costings, managing food purchasing and storage including liaising with suppliers.
- Continuously improve product knowledge and understanding of Company ethos, training junior staff where necessary.
- Maintaining the highest food hygiene and H&S standards within the business.
- Supporting the Head Chef in maintaining positive relationships and workflow within BOH team, and between FOH & BOH.
- Promote a positive perception of the company at all times, both internally and externally.
- 28 days holiday per year
- Monthly British cheese box
- Quarterly Bonus
- Producer visits
- Free staff meals & trader discounts
- 50% off meals on your days off
- Full training & tastings, including Academy of Cheese qualifications
- Staff socials
- A strong knowledge of flavours and palate, with 2-3 years' experience in a good calibre of restaurant.
- An awareness of British Cheese, with an interest to learn and develop a deeper understanding of it
- A strong understanding of the London restaurant scene, seasonality and British produce
- Creative, driven and passionate, with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Excellent work ethic, organisation and communication skills
- Friendly, approachable and humble