ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER - £30,000 - £32,000 INC TRONC + BONUS - START DATE ASAP
The Cheese Bar are looking for an Assistant General Manager to join the Front of House team at Pick and Cheese, in Covent Garden.
We’re dedicated to celebrating the best in British Cheese, working with suppliers from all around the country to create our signature grilled cheese sandwiches and other classic cheese-focused dishes – all seasonal, and made with the best quality produce.
Pick & Cheese is the world’s first cheese conveyor belt. 25 different British cheeses, individually paired with a unique house-made condiment and small producer wines. We've been extremely busy since opening in September 2019 (Covid aside), so you’ll need energy and a positive attitude.
We’re an extremely passionate, creative and determined team, with an eye for detail and a strong focus on the customer experience. If you’re passionate about hospitality, understand what fantastic customer service is all about, and love cheese as much as we do, we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for someone with a natural talent for hospitality and a desire to pursue a career in this industry. The right candidate will need to be organised and dependable, with previous experience in leading and motivating a team.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring the experience of our guests is second to none, supporting our general managers with the day to day running of the restaurants, and maintaining a positive working relationship across the entire restaurant team.
Full training is provided, along with a range of benefits, and professional development opportunities are available within the company for those who show initiative.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Please upload a cover letter with your CV!
- Support the General Manager with FOH operations and management duties at your respective The Cheese Bar site.
- Manage, motivate and train FOH floor staff.
- Maintain the highest professional standards throughout the restaurant.
- Deliver customer service to the highest standard, ensuring accurate delivery of the Company steps of service, creating positive experiences for our guests and colleagues.
- Support the GM in maintaining positive relationships and workflow within FOH team and between FOH & BOH.
- Promote a positive perception of the Company at all times, both internally and externally.
- 28 days holiday per year
- Monthly Cheese Bag
- Producer Visits
- Free staff meals & trader discounts
- 50% off meals on your days off
- Full training & tastings, including Academy of Cheese qualifications
- Regular Staff Socials
- 1+ Years of management / leadership experience
- Solid wine & food knowledge (British cheese knowledge a bonus but not essential)
- Highly organised, proactive and uses initiative
- Experienced and skilled at managing and motivating a team
- Superior customer service skills
- Thrives in a busy, fast-paced working environment