The Chesterfield Palm Beach is surrounded by palm lined boulevards and elegant
villas, just two blocks from the famous Worth Avenue and moments from white
sandy beaches. With a passion for traditional hospitality and old-world charm,
showcasing beautiful, individually designed bedrooms and suites, traditional
high tea and warm and friendly service. The ever popular Leopard Lounge serves
delicious international cuisine, creative cocktails and live music every night
of the week.
- Dust and polish furniture, fixtures and window frames.
- Vacuum carpeting, upholstery and drapery.
- Clean and shine all glass and metal surfaces.
- Empty all smoking materials from ash urns.
- Clean offices as assigned.
- Remove trash to dumpster.
- Clean public restrooms and stock with supplies.
- Clean public elevators (inside and out).
- Stock housekeeping cart with all necessary supplies.
- Notify housekeeping office of malfunctioning equipment, supplies
needed or damage to floor covering, upholstery, drapery or electrical
fixtures and update housekeeping management on the progress and status
of area of responsibility.
- To have proper regard for both guests and hotel property. Gifts
from guests must be accompanied by a signed authorization from the guest
and pass out form before it can be removed from the hotel.
- To report to the Floor Supervisor anything, which may be a Health and Safety hazard.
- To maintain the cleanliness and good order of guests corridors by cleaning them daily.
- To greet all guests and staff courteously and to respond immediately upon guests requests.
- To be responsible for reporting to the Executive Head Housekeeper
or Assistant Head Housekeeper any accidents (however minor) which may
occur to you.
- To carry out any other duties outside the normal daily/weekly routine but within the scope of the position.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Education– No formal education needed
- Experience – Housekeeper in hotel or related service industry
- Skills and Abilities– Ability to speak in language understood by
guests and co-workers. Ability to read event board and communicate
directions to guest.
- Comfortable speaking to guests; responding to questions and providing directions to meeting room and F & B outlets.
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment.
- No. of employees supervised – None
- Travel required – None
- Hours Required – Eight hours per shift; scheduled days and times may vary based on need
- Medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life benefits for qualified full-time employees
- Complimentary $20k group life insurance for every employee
- 401k with a percentage matching contribution
- Employer-provided uniforms
- Complimentary employee meals during your shift
- Complimentary employee parking
- Paid time off after 1 year of employment
- Paid sick time
- Time and a half pay for holidays
- Comprehensive training
- Growth opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee recognition programs
- Employee room discount program in most of our Luxury properties around the world
- Employee discount for food and beverage
- Employee discounts available at over 40 different travel brands through our parent company
Job Type: Full-time