The 5* Lowry Hotel - Manchester's Iconic Hotel is recruiting for the exciting role of Guest Experience Ambassador .
The ideal candidate will have excellent knowledge of Manchester City Centre and a proactive and conscientious outlook, with a ‘nothing is too much trouble’ attitude, where five-star service is paramount. You will be responsible
for creating memorable experiences for our guests and will ensure that all
interactions with guests are handled professionally and efficiently, maintaining
the high standards of our five-star hotel.
Key Result Areas:
- Drive for excellence in guest experiences,
ensuring communication is exemplary pre, post and during the guest stay.
- Monitor guest feedback, recognise
excellence and strive to resolve challenges through training and feedback.
- Key responsibilities and core focus of
the Duty Manager Role.
- Achieve upselling and ensure all opportunities
to maximise revenue are explored.
- To ensure the guest journey through the hotel
is 5* and seamless from start to finish.
- To ensure strong communication is used throughout the hotel ensuring
that there is always a strong lobby presence throughout service.
- Welcome and direct guests in an appropriate manner on their arrival at
the hotel, guide them to the appropriate area of the hotel.
- To be fully conversant with the Reservation,
registration and cashiering functions of the Front of House computer
- Consistently work within the FOH SOP manual, this includes the provision
of guest service experiences and accurate guest information data handling and
collation (in accordance with GDPR).
- Complete all guest enquiries and support with printing boarding passes,
tickets, and other travel arrangements. Support guests
with admin services where reasonable requests are made.
- Be aware of all VIP arrivals and departures and ensure all requests are
completed in a timely manner.
- Be the first point of action for guest complaints and ensure follow-up
is carried out where required.
- Review future weekly arrivals highlighting all VIP’s and create WOW
moments for them.
- Meet and greet VIP guests on arrival and show them to their rooms and
deliver detailed rooming experiences.
- Be a key influencer in our brand pillars ensuring that they are delivered
through our service.
- Ensure details handovers take
place on every shift to ensure consistent update of information.
- To be a Duty
Manager and complete full duty manager training.
- Check arrival
and departure reports for better handling and anticipation of our guests needs.
- To ensure guest
profiles are up to date with personal preferences for the guests – ensure you update
these preferences into Opera.
- Keep up to
date with local information for a coherent level of service & to ensure a
high personal knowledge is maintained of events, locations and recommended
venues for guest ‘s entertainment.
- To attend the Weekly
Operation's meeting and the Head of Department Meeting in the G.E.M.s absence.
- To attend the
BEO and GEO meetings so you are familiar with the business of the hotel (current
- Handles all guest’s
inquiries whether in person, on the phone, or by email in a polite courteous
and informative manner.
- Create individual
and unique guest experience journeys utilizing the hotel facilities, local attractions
- Act as the
primary point of contact for guest enquiries, requests, and complaints.
Ensure prompt and effective resolution of issues.
- Maintain clear
and open communication with other hotel departments to ensure smooth guest
- Prepare and
submit regular reports on guest relations activities, guest feedback and
performance metrics to Guest Experience Manager.
- Develop guest recognition
and loyalty programs to enhance the gust experience.
- Promote and
implement sustainable practices and initiatives within the department.
- Engage with guests
to create memorable experiences and foster a positive hotel reputation.
procedures and policies are always strictly followed.
- Ensure that all VIP guests and Lowry 100 guests are recognized by the hotel
- Co-ordinate group arrivals with FOH team, reservations, and housekeeping
team (along with any other relevant departments) to ensure group requests are
- Uniform and Meals on duty provided
- Unique team member discount rate and 50% of all food and drink. Friends and family discount also available.
- Access to discounted rates with Millennium and Copthorne Hotels
- Access to online training facilities with Flow
- Death in service benefit for contracted employees
The Lowry Hotel is an equal opportunities employer