Insurance benefits available for hourly workers who average 30 hour per
week within 60 days of hiring or average 30 hours per week at the
next open enrollment.
available after 1 year (12-month period with 1,000 hours of service) and
must be 21 years or older.
pathways for growth and development with encouraged opportunity to be
promoted into Management.
Primarily responsible for providing a smooth flow of clean service ware and pots and pans, throughout the kitchen and restaurant, while maintaining a clean and efficient work area.
Responsibilities: (To include, but not limited to)
- Interact with guests and coworkers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Set up/break down dishwashing machine. Wash all tableware, silverware, pots and pans in a timely and orderly manner.
- Keep dishwashing machine landing area and stainless steel clean and dry.
- Monitor the machine for proper water temperatures and chemical levels.
- Monitor all items for cleanliness; rewash when necessary.
- Properly store all clean china, glassware, silverware, and small wares throughout kitchen and restaurant.
- Monitor soiled linen, trash, and recycling containers and properly empty when appropriate (multiple times throughout the shift) to assist in cleanliness of kitchen.
- Maintain a clean and safe kitchen and work environment.
- Maintain clean and dry floors.
- Clean and organize the walk-in, dry storage and freezer areas on a regular basis.
- Follow all health and safety regulations, including maintaining a current Food Handler’s Certification.
- Follow all restaurant regulations as outlined by Chef de Cuisine and management team.
- Operate and use all kitchen equipment and kitchen tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Clean and maintain all equipment and utensils necessary for job performance. Report any issues with equipment immediately to supervisor.
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts, ready to work. Proper uniform should be worn at all times while in work areas.
- Follow proper storage and rotation procedures, as well as sanitation guidelines.
- Communicate and work together with coworkers and management in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, to as a team.
- Follow management’s instructions and suggestions.
- Respond to verbal requests from other kitchen staff members in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist in prep duties as needed.
- Assemble/dismantle work station in a timely manner. Maintain cleanliness of station during shift.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Properly use a knife and other equipment required to execute necessary tasks.
- Maintain a current Food Handler’s Certification and practice proper sanitation procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Whiskey Cake is your neighborhood joint for craft cocktails and farm-fresh comfort food. From our mesquite wood-grilled plates to fresh greens and famous desserts, all of our hand-crafted dishes are served up with simple, honest flavors in a rustic, local atmosphere.