Insurance benefits available for hourly workers who average 30 hour per
week within 90 days of hiring or average 30 hours per week at the
next open enrollment.
available after 1 year (12-month period with 1,000 hours of service) and
must be 21 years or older.
pathways for growth and development with encouraged opportunity to be
promoted into Management.
Provide friendly, efficient, knowledgeable and helpful service of food and beverage in accordance with established quality and time standards. Maintain a high awareness of cleanliness in the restaurant, onto only at the tables, but throughout its entirety. Support server, bartenders, and all team members by helping to maintain tables and efficiently deliver correct food & drinks to guests. Assist in any special cleaning projects, including repair & maintenance.
- Communicate with guests and coworkers in a positive, friendly, and hospitable manner.
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts, ready to work. This includes following proposer uniform guidelines at all times. Those guidelines include an ironed shirt & black apron, wrinkle-free black pants, slip-resistant shoes, and black socks. In addition, professional grooming standards must be met daily which includes professionally styled hair, limited jewelry, and natural make up (when applicable).
- Assemble/dissemble work station in a timely manner.
- Maintain cleanliness of station during shift; Stock and replenish, as needed. Maintain adequate levels of ice for drink preparation.
- Observe all state and federal laws regarding the service of food and alcohol, including current Certifications.
- Deliver food orders accurately. Execute proper food placement and removal at all tables.
- Bus and manicure tables throughout the restaurant.
- Polish silverware and glassware, to ensure the restaurant is set up for success.
- Communicate any questions, issues, or guest concerns to the management team.
- Clean and maintain all equipment and utensils necessary for job performance. Report any issues with equipment immediately to supervisor.
- Communicate and work together with coworkers and management in a friendly and enthusiastic manner.
- Follow all checklists & perform all necessary tasks required of your position. Be sure to follow any and all safety guidelines set out by the restaurant.
All bussers/food runners should have complete knowledge of the food and bar menu, as well as a complete understanding of host stand procedures and support staff procedures. Assist restaurant servers in tasks necessary to maintain their tables and assist their guests throughout the visit.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read English.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Properly use a knife and other equipment required to execute necessary tasks.
- Properly utilize a tray to assist in delivering food and drink items to guests.
- Maintain a current Food Handler’s Certification and TABC Certification; practice proper sanitation procedures and follow regulations regarding alcohol sale and service.
Whiskey Cake is your neighborhood joint for craft cocktails and farm-fresh comfort food. From our mesquite wood-grilled plates to fresh greens and famous desserts, all of our hand-crafted dishes are served up with simple, honest flavors in a rustic, local atmosphere.