Are you a badass who likes to work with other
badasses? At Whiskey Cake our barkeeps (aka badasses) are gregarious and
extraverted, with an invigorating impact on people. Skillful with the emotional
aspects of the guest experience, our best barkeeps connect with their guests
more than just the specific details of the menus and leverage this information
to deliver hospitality efficiently & quickly. Some may say they're in the
restaurant business, at Whiskey Cake we're in the people business.
Insurance benefits available for hourly workers who average 30 hour per
week within 90 days of hiring or average 30 hours per week at the
next open enrollment.
available after 1 year (12-month period with 1,000 hours of service) and
must be 21 years or older.
pathways for growth and development with encouraged opportunity to be
promoted into Management.
- 2 years of upscale service preferred
- Craft cocktail & whiskey knowledge preferred
- High volume preferred
- Must have a love for food and drinks, deep cocktail preferred
- Stand for long periods of time & be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Properly use a knife and other equipment required to execute necessary tasks.
- Maintain a current Food Handler’s Certification and TABC Certification; practice proper sanitation procedures and follow regulations regarding alcohol sale and service.
- Interact with guests and coworkers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts, ready to work.
- Proper uniform should be worn at all times while in work areas.
- Assemble/dismantle bar area according to proper procedures. Maintain cleanliness of entire bar during shift.
- Prepare all drinks, garnishes, mixers, syrups, etc. according to the proper procedure & recipe.
- Assist guests with any questions or concerns in regards to the menu. This includes continually studying and furthering your knowledge base including liquor, beer, and wine.
- Handle all cash and credit card transactions accurately and efficiently, according to company standards.
- Execute proper food delivery, placement, and removal at all tables.
- Communicate any questions or issues to management team in a timely manner.
- Communicate and work together with coworkers and management in a friendly and enthusiastic manner.
- Perform appropriate opening and closing duties, including disassemble, clean, and sanitize work stations after every shift.
- Set up the team for the next shift for success.
- Practice proper sanitation procedures and follow regulations regarding alcohol sale and service.
- Participate in any, and all, continuing education courses available to you.
- Maintain beverage inventory at proper serving temperatures and restock Service Bar with liquor, beer, wine, soft drinks, mixers, fruit, and necessary equipment prior to the end of each shift.
- Assist in washing and restocking glassware for bar drinks, and guest usage.
Whiskey Cake is your neighborhood joint for craft cocktails and farm-fresh comfort food. From our mesquite wood-grilled plates to fresh greens and famous desserts, all of our hand-crafted dishes are served up with simple, honest flavors in a rustic, local atmosphere."