The Yellowstone Club's Accounting office is looking for an Accounting Intern to join their team.
The Accounting Intern is responsible for the accounting and
administrative tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounting
transactions for Yellowstone Club and related entities. Position is currently located in Yellowstone
Club’s Bozeman office.
- Assist with the following accounting duties:
hoc accounting, budgeting & finance projects
with month-end close process
& electronic filing/record keeping
of vendor payments
- AP invoice entry/posting
monthly statement/outstanding invoice reconciliation
with balance sheet reconciliations
- Reconcile credit card deposits
- Interim and year-end audit request preparation
SUMMARY OF EXPECTATIONS OF THIS POSITION:
- Adheres to
Yellowstone Club’s policies and procedures;
duties as workload necessitates;
- Maintains a
positive and respectful attitude;
- Communicates regularly and effectively with all
employees, supervisors, managers & Accounting Team;
flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload;
reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position;
- Meets departmental productivity, organization and
- Complies with laws, ordinances and regulations
governing employment law; and
- Performs work in a safe and high quality manner.
- Attendance/ Punctuality and Dependability: Depended
upon to report to work at the scheduled time, is seldom absent from work,
and keeps unplanned absences to a minimum.
Employee follows company policy of reporting/planning absences and
going through the correct channels to request time off. Completes work in a timely, accurate and
thorough manner, is conscientious about assignments and deadlines.
- Normal Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm, occasional
weekends, as directed or approved by supervisor.
- Office Hours: Accounting Department is open from Monday
to Friday, 8am – 5pm.
- Teamwork and Flexibility: Ability to help and share knowledge or
expertise with others. Responds and adapts positively to new ideas,
requests, and/or changing situations. Provides meaningful feedback and
responds well to constructive criticism.
- Communication and contact: Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with
superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the company. Presents information and expresses ideas
in a clear, concise, and in a well-organized manner; demonstrates
grammatical prose when drafting letters, memoranda, and other forms of
written communication. Listens attentively and provides appropriate
feedback to ensure understanding.
- Relationships with others: Provides cooperative, responsive, and courteous service to clients
and staff. Exhibits a professional and
courteous demeanor and responds positively, yet quickly to special
requirements or circumstances; works to maintain constructive working
and Productivity: Initiates work activities, seeks
responsibility, and makes efforts to improve knowledge and skills.
Employee thinks along original lines, finds new and effective ways of
doing jobs, and makes suggestions for improvements. Volume of work consistently done in
relation to the volume considered to be a standard requirement of the job.
Frequency of need for overtime is kept to a minimum and wise use of time
during a normal workday. Accuracy,
attention to detail, thoroughness, and neatness.
- Judgment and Analytical Ability:
Seeks clarification when unsure.
Knows when to consult and when to act independently. Keeps supervisor informed of status and
potential problems. Correctly
determines work priorities and treats confidential information
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms and
other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products – Word, Excel, and Outlook
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in the use of relevant accounting software/database
sights and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to quality and
- The ability to work well independently.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to maintain sound
working relationships and communications with management, staff, and vendors.
- Troubleshooting – determining causes of errors and deciding what to
do about it.
- Professional appearance and presentation.
- Education and Experience:
- Previous Accounts Payable or general accounting experience or
- Proficiency in software applications preferred; Jonas knowledge a
- Seeking degree; in business, finance, accounting, or related field.
- Prefer junior or senior level applicants.
- Proven experience using communication and organizational skills to
- Similar combination of education and experience.
performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand,
walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls,
reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl, talk and hear.
- The employee
may be required to:
- Lift items weighing up to 25 pounds;
- have face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams;
- may work exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting
and uncomfortable without hearing protection;
- be exact and accurate; and
- work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance
vision, and the ability to adjust focus.