Chi'Lantro is seeking an Apprentice. Apprentices possess our Core Values of Dedication, Authenticity, Resilience and Thankfulness. These individuals have been identified as top performers in our organization who are dedicated to the journey of self-development in order to become future leaders of Chi’Lantro.
Chi'Lantro’s Apprentices help to incorporate our Core Focus in building a GREAT team, with GREAT people, to produce GREAT results while providing exceptional customer service, while serving high quality food, in a clean environment to help Chi’Lantro become the world’s leading Korean BBQ-Inspired brand.
- $15/hour + gratuities
- 120 Hours PTO (No waiting period)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Opportunities for Professional and Personal Growth
- Leadership Development
- Fast track to become an Assistant General Manager
- FREE Chi'Lantro shift meal
What You'll Do
- Helps to coordinate daily restaurant operations in accordance with the Chi’Lantro Operating Manual
- Delivers and ensures excellent customer service is being practiced at all times.
- Responds efficiently and accurately to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Ensures all food is prepared, stored, and served according to Chi’Lantro’s Food Quality Standards found in the Food Manual.
- Upholds overall restaurant cleanliness standards and monitors kitchen equipment to ensure proper function.
- Maintains restaurant conditions up to Chi’Lantro’s internal audit standard, including cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Ensures team compliance with local sanitation and safety regulations.
- Ensures refrigeration temperature logs are properly completed daily.
- Ensures all inventory orders are placed on time in accordance with set ordering deadlines, securing inventory pars are sufficient to operate.
- Manage Inventory Rotation based on FIFO standards.
- Confirms with the GM that weekly inventory is completed by store management before the first scheduled shift on Sunday.
- Helps to train new team members based on our Core Values and utilizing the People Analyzer.
- Helps the GM/AGM in clarifying team member’s roles by utilizing the Accountability Chart
- Assists in holding the team accountable using the following tools: Record of Conversations, Performance Improvement Plans, and Accountability Chart.
- Rewards and recognizes team members and celebrates small wins.
- Assists in ensuring daily pre-shift “huddles” are being completed by store management.
- Participates in weekly store Level 10 meetings with store management.
- Helps to communicate Scorecard expectations weekly
- Completes assigned quarterly Rocks on time.
- Assists the AGM/GM in continuous development of team members by delegating and elevating.
- Assists with controlling operational costs and helps identify measures to cut waste.
- Helps to ensure the team’s schedule is approved and posted by Thursday of every week.
- Helps to ensure all invoices are submitted with a copy of the invoice uploaded to Restaurant 365 by Monday each week.
- Assists in ensuring payroll is approved every 2 weeks on the Monday prior to payday.
- Works directly with the AGM/GM to implement new initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Assists to ensure all operational checklists are completed and submitted daily; including tip pool allocation, completion of waste logs, submission of Store Nightly Recap and End of Day Close Out, including Monkey Media.
- Resolve staff conflicts and consult the AGM/GM on any staff issues.
- Delegate daily tasks, cleaning tasks, prep work and other projects to crew members to Chi’Lantro standards.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Is the Manager on Duty in the absence of the Assistant General Manager and General Manager.
Who You Are
- 3 months in Shift Leader or relevant position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who We Are
As see on ABC's Shark Tank and world famous for "The Original Kimchi Fries®"! Chi'Lantro is one of a kind Korean BBQ inspired™ Lifestyle fast casual brand in Austin, Texas. Established in 2010, Jae Kim, Found of Chi'Lantro, started a food truck business by maxing out his credit cards and taking out his total savings of $30,000 to pursue his vision of building the world-leading Korean BBQ brand. Today, Chi'Lantro serves nearly 1 million Austinites and its visitors yearly at 8 different locations and are committed to serving our guests great food and amazing customer service in a clean and friendly environment.
Our Core Values: DART
Dedicated - Be committed to winning
Authentic - Be real
Resilient - Move forward and grow
Thankful - Be grateful and be happy
Join our Dream! Come vibe with us on our inspiration journey!