Job Title: Kitchen Team / Line Cook
Reports to: General Manager
Classification: Full-time, hourly pay
Starting wage: $16.5/hour + tips (Approx $23.5/hour with tips)
What's the opportunity?
As a member of our Kitchen Team you make the nourishing food that brightens our guests' days! You will be responsible for executing all our food menu items in a high-volume fast-casual restaurant environment, working directly with our Cafe Team to provide memorable experiences to our guests. You will do stellar prep work and work the line efficiently, sometimes alone and more frequently with a companion. You will occasionally run dishes and bus tables. You will always extend generous hospitality to your coworkers and guests.
Our locations serve food primarily during the breakfast and lunch hours, so this is a great opportunity for anyone looking to keep their evenings free.
Line Cooks are fully tipped at all GGET coffeebars. In addition to the starting wage of $16/hour, you can expect to make an additional $7 per hour in tips. We also offer a full suite of company sponsored health benefits
What will I do?
Am I qualified?
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of G&B/GGET values and standards
- Be kind, engaging, and knowledgeable about our offerings
- Open and close the line
- Confidently operate job-related instruments and tools, such as:
- Gas/electric range
- Flat-top griddle
- Convection oven
- Deep-fat fryer
- Kitchen knives
- Display excellent hospitality to all customers and coworkers
- Hustle, as a matter of principle
- Make delicious and beautiful food for our guests.
- Portion prep items for efficient line work
- Fulfill orders to company standards and within ticket-time goals
- Maintain a sparkling clean kitchen environment
- Run food with a focus on hospitality
Some reasons you might like working here:
- You share our passion for coffee, food, and hospitality
- You want to a part of a team that works hard and wants to do things the right way.
- You posses solid knife and general kitchen skills
- You have some relevant kitchen experience and a willingness to learn
- You can do basic math
- You have availability for weekends and overall schedule flexibility
- You have a CA Food Handler’s Certification or the willingness to attain one within 30 days of hire
About the Company:
- We offer medical, dental and vision coverage to all full-time employees
- We offer a 401k plan with comapny match
- One free bag of coffee per week
- Free drinks while you work
- One free drink per day when you don’t work and discounts on food and merch
- We are a team of passionate individuals who care deeply about what we do
Go Get Em Tiger is a growing, community focused LA based coffee retail and roasting company with ten cafes and a nascent DTC coffee subscription service. Our mission is to inspire human connection and build belonging.
We are as fanatical about supporting the communities we serve as we are about excellent quality and hospitality, and our aim is to build the most human centered hospitality company in the World.
We will consider for
employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories,
in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local
laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
We provide equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which we have facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and