Who are we…
‘A Venue for Every Occasion’
Harbour House is a bustling restaurant & bar situated on Bristol’s glorious floating harbour overlooking the River Avon and featuring some of the best views the city has to offer. Housed in the iconic 19th century transit shed, designed by Isambard Kingdom Brunel himself with links to Banksy and the local arts and music scene.
An all day British Brasserie focused on seasonality, locality and flavour that champions the best produce the southwest and the UK has to offer. With the finest seafood on our doorstep, this is a focal point to our menus and enhanced by our waterside location. Locality doesn’t just stop with our food, our drinks offering also showcases the best of the British craft drinks producers from local vineyards, Bristol breweries and distilleries.
Elevate Harbour House to become the leader of the Bristol culinary scene and beyond by delivering excellence throughout every part of the guest journey.
What we are looking for & Main responsibilities…
- Passionate, driven and wanting to succeed.
- Previous experience in a similar senior kitchen role
- Strong leadership skills and a standards orientated individual
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays. Flexibility as required for business needs.
- Love of food, seasonal produce, strong cooking skill set and a keen interest of Industry trends
- Working experience with local and seasonal supply chains to continue menu development in line with our ethos.
- Experience in event catering to a high standard for large private and corporate parties
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to deal with difficult situations within the working environment. Maintaining camaraderie and positivity amongst the team to ensure a happy work space.
- Training and development, ability to delegate and coach people to maximise potential of the team.
- Financial grasp of a restaurant P&L, COGS and labour costs
- Full responsibility of inventory & labour management to achieve the company objectives
- A strong understanding of H&S within the workplace and the ability to implement action plans to deliver the high standards the company requires
- Competent working with and managing with our current technology platforms for inventory, people and H&S.
Measures of success
- Delighted guests; feedback and reviews
- Happy and efficient teams - team surveys/feedback
- Cared-for establishment - audit scores
- Financial targets - achieving budgets
- Training and development - training records
• Readiness for progression
Drop us a CV with your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!