Hotel June is seeking a Housekeeping Supervisor for our ideally located 250-room re-imagined Hotel on the Westside with two restaurants, creative event venues, and a spectacular pool deck. Hotel June is the flagship of a new thoughtful, accessible, lifestyle brand from the team that brought you Proper Hotels.
• Ensures rooms and all accommodations, public areas and colleague areas are cleaned according to operating standards.
• Creates, maintains and ensures compliance with all housekeeping standards and procedures.
• Directs colleagues to strive for continuous improvement and excellence in all areas of responsibility.
• Adheres to an effective inspection program including rooms, public areas, colleague work areas, storage areas and laundry areas.
• Assists with general cleaning schedule and manages execution of work.
• Understands and communicates to colleagues the operating and maintenance procedures of all departmental equipment.
• Assists with the ordering of cleaning supplies.
• Can effectively evaluate and implement new cleaning techniques, supplies and equipment.
• Ensures room status is communicated to the Front Office in a timely & efficient manner.
• Maintains a strong working relationship with Front Office to ensure effective communications for operational issues.
• Coordinates with Engineering on guest maintenance needs.
• Ensures that all colleagues of the Housekeeping department understand and comply with Loss Prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
• Empowers colleagues to provide excellent customer service. Establishes effective and clear guidelines so colleagues understand expectations and parameters.
• Ensures regular and on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to communicate expectations and recognize performance.
• Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies, chemicals and equipment.
• Previous Housekeeping supervisory experience in a similar hotel environment preferred
• Previous Housekeeping experience in a luxury or lifestyle hotel required
• Display a desire to exceed expectations with every interaction
• Flexibility to work in shifts
• Able to work under pressure
• Dependable and detail-oriented
• Excellent organizational skill
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the best of the best from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.