Responsible for the development and achievement of the restaurant business goals (i.e. sales and profitability targets, customer satisfaction & Food, Service, Cleanliness (FSC) levels); training/development, motivation and morale of restaurant team; restaurant’s adherence to the organization’s operating systems and standards and compliance to all government and legal (law) requirements.
Sales Target Achievement
- Define and achieve Restaurant Sales targets and Sales Growth targets. Create a sales and marketing orientation among the restaurant team by leading them in defining customer needs, sales opportunities and in designing and implementing sales building and local restaurant marketing strategies.
- Define Sales Targets and Sales Strategies based on Threats, Opportunities, Weaknesses Strengths (TOWS) analysis and sales analysis.
- Define the Restaurant’s Sales Building Strategies. Define and finalize the Restaurant Sales Plan. Responsible for the effective implementation of the Sales Plan.
- Work with Restaurant Manager (RM) in designing Packaged Program promotions.
- Handle Indoor and Outdoor merchandising strategies.
- Lead the Management Team in effective implementation of Restaurant Sales Building activities.
- Ensure achievement of Sales Goals for New Products and System-wide marketing programs.
- Lead the Restaurant Institutional Sales team.
- Regularly review Sales Performance as part of Business review process. Continuously seek ways to improve sales level and sales growth; and is cognizant of all information that affect restaurant sales performance levels.
- Build restaurant/brand awareness through community relations.
FSC Target Achievement
- Define Customer Satisfaction Survey Result Targets, FSC targets and QSR levels.
- Lead the restaurant team in:
- Defining customer and FSC needs
- Defining Customer Survey, FSC and QSR targets
- Ensure achievement of FSC targets.
- Work with RM/s, Supervisor/s and Crew Trainer/s to ensure that all restaurant operations processes to support FSC needs are integrated and effectively implemented by assigned team member.
- Ensure that all training and competency building activities are in place.
- Monitor and track FSC feedback, assessments and audit results. Conduct QSR audit. Work with the RM/s in defining FSC improvement strategies for the restaurant.
*Oversees Restaurant Crisis Management and Media Handling.
Profit Target Achievement
- Prepare Restaurant’s Profit & Loss (P&L) Budget
- Define and achieve P&L targets.
- Work with RM/s in defining strategies & improvement initiatives to achieve variable cost targets.
- Work with RM/s to ensure effective implementation of P&L improvement programs and activities.
- Define cost management and productivity improvement strategies for cost areas not directly supervised by RM/s.
- Handle restaurant business reviews and continuously seeks ways to improve P&L results.
People Management & Development
- Source, select and interview crew.
- Lead restaurant team in creating an atmosphere that lives the organization’s core values.
- Ensure achievement of targeted competency levels.
- Prepare and implement Restaurant Succession Plan
- Audit effective implementation of Manager Training Systems
- Train and certify RM/s, Supervisor/s and Management Trainees
- Approve and ensure implementation of Individual Development Plans (IDPs)
- Achieve Management Team Effectiveness through:
- Effective communication and coordination among team members
- Maintaining and/or enhancing morale level among team
- Effective Performance Management
- Proper delegation of Key Result Areas (KRA) among Management Team members.
- Providing effective Management Team support in areas of restaurant structure, staffing and skills building.
- Ensure restaurant adherence to organization’s operating systems, policies, procedures and standards, i.e. Security, Safety, Office and other reportorial and administrative requirements.
- Work with RM/s in defining Safety and Security Programs. Conduct Safety and Security Audits.
- Ensure restaurant compliance with government requirements such as restaurant permits and licenses.
- Education & Experience
- At least College Degree or related courses in Business, Management, Finance, Accounting, Industrial Engineering, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in managing quick service restaurant/establishment, food manufacturing business, and managing people or teams preferably in food industries or equivalent combination of education & experience from which comparable knowledge, skills & abilities have been achieved.
- Bona Fide Occupational Qualifications (BFQs)
- Basic Operations Training Program or its equivalent
- Food Safety Certification (ServSafe)
- Essential Skills and Traits
Core Competencies: C.A.M.P. requirements
- Shift Management
- FSC Management
- Customer Feedback Management
- Profitability Management and Financial Analysis
- Customer and Retail Trade Area Insighting
- Sales Information Management
- Sales Strategy Development and Implementation
- Local Store Marketing
- Business Continuity Planning
- Creating the Business
- Advancing Personal Excellence
- Managing the Business
- Promoting People Processes
- Essential Traits (as assessed using HR tool)
- Takes Initiative
- Wants Challenge
- Balance of Authoritative and Collaborative
- Effective Enforcing
- Enlists Cooperation
- Wants to Lead
- Behavioral Attributes (live the core values of the organization):
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer Focus
- Humility to listen and learn
- Honesty and Integrity
- Spirit of Family and Fun
- Respect for Individual
- Perform administrative duties as necessary i.e. preparing reports, making copies, filing, etc.
- Prepare individual, restaurant’s plans, objectives, goals, strategies and measures (OGSM).
- Prepare management reports, restaurant reports/requirements.
- Computer Literacy: Proficient in MS Applications (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Oracle and PosNet
- Physical Effort/Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will:
- Stand/walk for the majority of their scheduled work shift.
- Lift, reach, pull, push, grasp and use hands frequently.
- Bend and/or squat down for the majority of their scheduled shift.
- Climb, stoop and/or kneel rarely.
- Lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Need to see well enough to read/compose email, reports and use the computer and be proactive to customers’ needs.
- Need to speak and hear well enough to receive instructions and communicate with employees and customers.
- Be required to work irregular hours, varying work shifts schedules.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to:
- Kitchen equipment
- Hot and cold temperatures and a wet work area.
- Cleaning chemicals
- Possible cuts and burns.
- Moderate noise level in work environment is usually.
- Wet and slippery floors.
- Tensions and pressures may arise in meeting deadlines and goals.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The duties, responsibilities may differ from the job description, and that the other duties as assigned, may be part of the job.
If the position requires a college/university degree, it must have been issued by an educational institution accredited by the United States Department of Education. Any degree issued by educational institution outside the United States must include documentation validating the equivalency of the degree to the same degree in the United States to be considered acceptable for this company’s purposes.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities maybe requested by calling the hiring location.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.