The Restaurant Supervisor assists the Restaurant Manager and restaurant team in the achievement of the Restaurant Business Goals through effective implementation of specific operations support activities in the following areas, as assigned:
- Implement assigned Product/Service Quality and/or Cleanliness & Sanitation (C&S) Program.
- Implement assigned Crew Management activity.
- Implement assigned cost management activity.
- Manage operations of assigned Packaged Program (if any)
Sales Target Achievement
- Ensures achievement of shift sales target:
- Implement sales program during shift.
- Implement feedback and suggestion system (from sales building to evaluation) during shift.
- Implement customer surveys and continuously interact with customers during shifts.
- Update information on competition products, services, and activities that will affect restaurant sales performance.
- Implement proper restaurant merchandising.
- Implement community relations activities
- Manages operations of assigned Packaged Program (if applicable).
FSC Target Achievement
- Effective implementation of Restaurant Operations Support activities in the areas of:
- Food, Service, and Cleanliness (FSC)
- Product Quality Program
- Service Quality Program
- Sanitation & Pest Control program
Prepare and Update the followinga. Production Control Guideb. Supplies/Station Guidec. Master Cleaning Scheduled. Repairs & Maintenance Schedule
- Lead/manage service crew to achieve the highest product quality and supplies availability levels and ensure that product is always available during the assigned shift.
- Attend to customer feedback and complaints during shift. Ensure the highest level of customer service during shift.
- Implement speed of service programs (turnaround time; table turnover during peak; attention to pending orders)
Manage shift and implement floor control standards consistently.a. Supervise opening, mid, and/or closing activities procedures.
b. Implement cleaning activities (including opening and closing).
c. Implement manpower schedule.
Profit Target Achievement
- Implement cost management activities, standards, and procedures during shifts.
- Implement plans on Food Cost and Paper Cost (FCPC) program/initiative/project.
- Manage the optimum level of inventory during shifts as well as minimized usage levels.
- Implement crew schedule and monitoring manhours usage and sales per man-hour levels. Manage crew productivity by implementing crew schedule during shift and monitoring manhours usage and SPMH levels.
- Keep track of repairs, maintenance, and utility costs during shifts. Implement management measures, documentation, and guidelines.
People Management & Development
- Organize, lead/manage restaurant team during shift.
- Develop and implement the game plan, tasks, activities, and schedules during shifts.
- Build and monitor competency level of the crew through Crew Training System implementation.
- Train/Certify crew, crew trainers, and crew trainees
- Assist in Crew Assessments, performance appraisal documentation, and submission.
- Conduct crew meetings.
- Monitor consistent implementation of Code of Conduct (Employee Handbook) and all HR and Legal requirements and procedures.
- Manage effective management-crew communication, feedback, coaching, and discipline during shift.
- Manage supplies (food & paper) requisition, issuance, and inventory.
- Implement standard procedures and control systems to ensure restaurant safety and security program.
- Document feedback and conduct follow-through and corrective actions, when necessary.
- Check, monitor, and give feedback on compliance to required restaurant permits and licenses.
- Implement scheduled restaurant preventive maintenance by giving feedback on supplier’s service and/or implementation of equipment checklist.
- Manage office organization and orderliness during shift.
- Manage and implement crisis prevention programs and processes.
- Monitor timely completion, the accuracy of required reports, and prompt submission.
- Perform other assignments from time to time as directed by management.
- Prepare periodic status reports related to restaurant operations and/or technical services/support to Restaurant Manager and other reports that may be required by management.
- Perform administrative duties as necessary i.e. making copies, filing, etc.
- Prepare individual performance plans, objectives, goals, strategies, and measures (OGSM).
- Prepare management reports, restaurant reports/requirements as required.
At least a High School graduate.
At least (6) months experience as a Team/Crew Leader/Trainer in a quick-service restaurant, any food service or retail operations, and/or equivalent combination of education & experience from which comparable knowledge, skills & abilities have been achieved.
Bona Fide Occupational Qualifications (BFQs)
Basic Operations Training Program
(Required Training, License & Certification)
Food Safety Certification (ServSafe)
Essential Skills and Traits
Core Competencies: C.A.M.P. requirements
- Shift Management
- FSC Management
- Customer Feedback Management
- Profitability Management and Financial Analysis (FC/PC/Labor Cost)
- Sales Information Management
- Local Store Marketing
Essential Traits (as assessed using HR tool)
- Creating the Business
- Advancing Personal Excellence
- Managing the Business
- Promoting People Processes
Behavioral Attributes (live the core values of the organization):
- Takes Initiative
- Wants Challenge
- Balance of Authoritative and Collaborative
- Effective Enforcing
- Enlists Cooperation
- Wants to Lead
- Customer Focus
- Humility to listen and learn
- Honesty and Integrity
- Spirit of Family and Fun
- Respect for Individual
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform administrative duties as necessary i.e. making copies, filing, etc.
- Prepare individual objectives, goals, strategies, and measures (OGSM).
- Prepare restaurant reports/requirements.
- Computer Literacy: Proficient in MS Applications (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Oracle, and PosNet.
- Physical Effort/Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will:
- Stand/walk for the majority of their scheduled work shift.
- Lift, reach, pull, push, grasp and use hands frequently.
- Bend and/or squat down for the majority of their scheduled shift.
- Climb, stoop and/or kneel rarely.
- Lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Need to see well enough to read/compose email, reports and use the computer and be proactive to customers’ needs.
- Need to speak and hear well enough to receive instructions and communicate with employees and customers.
- Be required to work irregular hours, varying work shift schedules.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to:
- Kitchen equipment
- Hot and cold temperatures and a wet work area.
- Cleaning chemicals
- Possible cuts and burns.
- Moderate noise level in the work environment.
- Wet and slippery floors.
- Tensions and pressures may arise in meeting deadlines and goals.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The duties, responsibilities may differ from the job description, and that the other duties as assigned, may be part of the job.
If the position requires a college/university degree, it must have been issued by an educational institution accredited by the United States Department of Education. Any degree issued by an educational institution outside the United States must include documentation validating the equivalency of the degree to the same degree in the United States to be considered acceptable for this company’s purposes.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities may be requested by calling the hiring location.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.