Under the direct supervision of the Buyer, the
Purchasing Assistant is responsible for the effective delivery of procurement
services to all Business Units of JFC NA Philippine Brands. The Purchasing
Assistant promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Purchasing Department.
with Buyers to plan and prioritize purchasing activities.
and prioritize approved purchase orders and supporting documents to the supplier.
orders and confirm lead times, and delivery dates.
of any shortages, backlogs or potential interruptions to internal customers.
processes and resolve vendor invoice discrepancies.
receiving reports against invoices to initiate payment
- `Consolidate usage or consumption information.
- Perform other job/task or purchasing expertise related assignments in order to develop one’s self and/or share one’s expertise resulting to support work efficiencies & productivity.
- Handle confidently and skillfully all internal and external communications with all diverse ethnicities, cultures, races.
- Take initiative and collaborate with experts and immediate supervisor before making decisions/actions.
- Attend/participate in meetings, conferences, company events and benchmarking or networking opportunities as needed.
At least Associate degree graduate related to Accounting or Engineering, Economics
or any equivalent related course.
At least 1 year of experience
in purchasing function; and/or any equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge,
skills and abilities have been achieved.
Skills and Essential Traits
- Core Competencies:
- Promoting People
Essential Traits (as assessed using HR tool)
of Authoritative and Collaborative
and has good judgment
Communication (oral & in writing) and Interpersonal Skills
and Arithmetic Aptitude
Tolerance and Stress Tolerance
and Speed of accurate service
& attention to details
- Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to
conduct activities with integrity
- Behavioral Attributes (live the core values of
to listen and learn
- Spirit of Family and Fun
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
administrative duties as necessary i.e.
making copies, filing, expenses reimbursement, etc.
department plans, objectives, goals, strategies and measures; performance goals
- Computer Literacy: Must be at
least proficient if not achieved mastery in the essential MS Applications most
especially MS Excel.
- SAP experience preferred
- Physical Effort/Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will:
occasionally on the scheduled work shift.
reach, pull, push, grasp and use hands occasionally.
and/or squat down occasionally on the scheduled shift.
stoop and/or kneel rarely.
up to 50 pounds occasionally.
to see well enough to differentiate product quality parameters, read/compose
email, reports, use the computer and be proactive to customers’ feedback
affecting quality of service.
to speak and hear well enough to give/receive instructions, feedback and communicate
with employees, customers and partners/vendors/suppliers.
required to work irregular hours or varying work shifts schedules as necessary
required to visit stores (occasionally); supplier’s plants.
required to travel (field work) for sourcing, supplier accreditation; purchases
and general exposure (i.e. business immersion, etc.).
- Mental Ability/Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will:
- be required to perform standardized/adaptive arithmetical computations
- pricing analysis, negotiations, scheduling and monitoring of stocks’
movement, creativity and innovations.
- Work Environment: Work is performed
indoors and outdoors in various reasonable weather conditions and varied
- Tensions and pressures may arise in meeting
deadlines and goals. It may range from
moderate to heavy (occasionally).
This job description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this
classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The duties, responsibilities may differ from
the job description, and that the other duties as assigned, may be part of the
If the position requires a college/university
degree, it must have been issued by an educational institution accredited by
the United States Department of Education.
Any degree issued by educational institution outside the United States
must include documentation validating the equivalency of the degree to the same
degree in the United States to be considered acceptable for this company’s
Reasonable accommodation for people with
disabilities maybe requested by calling (626) 369-7118 at least five (5)
working days in advance of the scheduled examination/assessment date(s).
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.