Our Full Time Opening Shift Leader is one of the most important people in the operation of our restaurant. They work 6:00 am to 2:00 pm or 7 am to 3 pm five days a week, opening our restaurants. They bake our bread, slice our lettuce, onions, and tomatoes, prepare our meat and cheese for the day, and set the restaurant up for success before it opens. This position requires candidates to be reliable at the highest extent. We also promote internally and first look to our Full Time Openers to help them grow their careers.
We offer our full time openers:
- 1 Week of Paid Vacation based upon your average hours worked; if you work 40 hours a week, you get a full 40 hour paid week vacation.
- $16.00 per hour starting out with no limit on raises.
- $2.50 - $4 extra in by the hour compensation on top of the $16 an hour from our tip share program
- Enrollment in our Blue Cross, Blue Shield Zero Deductible Medical Insurance Program ($0 out of pocket for all in network care!)
- The total compensation package with vacation and insurance averages approximately $44,000 per year.
Other aspects of this position (once the restaurant is opened) include:
1) Coaching the staff to deliver amazing customer service;
2) Producing high quality food;
3) Delivering the Jersey Mike’s experience;
4) Cash handling;
5) Following the Learning Management System Training Program;
6) Developing others for career growth;
7) Enforcing policies and procedures;
8) Participating in local and national marketing initiatives;
9) Building sales;
10) Maintaining the cleanliness and proper sanitation practices in the establishment;
11) Being certified in all four positions of the restaurant;
12) Effective communication;
13) Having a sense of urgency;
A Shift Leader is expected to:
1) Move or Transport up to 30 lbs without assistance unless a medical notation is made whereas any physical disabilities are covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a temporary doctor's note with a time frame for the restriction on your ability;
2) Work 38-40 hours per week;
3) Have the ability to get to and from work;
4) Communicate with the GM/AGM/DM of any issues they are having;
5) Lead by example in terms of quality of the food they make, the way they interact and provide customer service, and coming to work in a clean, fitted, and pressed uniform daily.
This job description is in no way an implied offer of employment, nor it is a contract for employment. This job description simply details the role, expectations, responsibilities, resources, and benefits available to any candidate for the position. Hellcat Subs, JMML Enterprises, and MCL Group are an Equal Opportunity Employer and will always provide legally required assistance where applicable.
At Jersey Mike's, we understand that being the best team on the planet takes more than just talent. It is a perfect blend of talent, trust, teamwork, and a shared vision. It's that little added effort, a splash of extra and unexpected, that elevates everything we do.