Santa Monica Proper Hotel is seeking candidates for a Corporate Travel/Business Transient Sales Manager. A seamless merger of historic retrofit and new construction, the 271-room hotel features interior design by international style icon Kelly Wearstler, multiple dining options by local area culinary stars, a rooftop lounge and swimming pool and 16,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
- Fully develop Corporate Transient market segments and achieve room night and revenue goals.
- Develop Long term Relationship with clients or potential clients with verbal and written communications and excellent customer service
- Key Account Management: Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
- Track and actively manage account production and arrivals
- Identification and cross-selling of meetings and the entire hotel and Proper portfolio
- Familiarization and experience with Key Business Travel and Travel industry tradeshows
- Familiarization and experience in participation with Travel industry Organization chapters
- Analyze requirements of business opportunities, research and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition, and customers
- Ability to train and educate property team on the expectations and process of the Travel Industry Segment
- Participate in monthly sales meetings, stand up daily and monthly sales meetings as assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
The Corporate Travel/Business Transient Sales Manager will oversee the daily operations of the Sales function including the solicitation of business from all markets including but not limited to corporate, leisure and entertainment. The ideal candidate will have minimum 3 years hospitality related sales experience and previous hotel sales experience in a luxury or lifestyle market. Strong local market knowledge of the Los Angeles area, and a solid foundation in forecasting, prospecting, PMS, and Delphi software are desired. Strong sales skills required to oversee and drive sales. Excellent problem solving, analytical, organizational, presentation, and communication skills are required.
B.A. Degree desired.
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn’t proper. We are seeking out the “best of the best” from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.