We’re looking for an experienced Senior Sous who can join us at this exciting time.
What are we looking for?
- A guardian of morale in the Mowgli kitchen; embodying the 3 pillars of our culture- Intelligence, Grace and Graft.
- Proud and passionate about what you do with a keen eye for detail from prep to pass. We’re only as good as our last dahl!
- A natural leader who can work alongside the Head Chef to train and develop the team.
- No ego! Our kitchens are an ego-free zone built on mutual respect.
- Impeccable food hygiene and health and safety standards who leads by example
So why Mowgli?
- - We are a close-knit team who LOVE working together and are so passionate about what we do.
- - You will get the chance to go on life changing trips to India. Following the success of our first India trip, we sent 20 of our team members to Mumbai in January with one of our international charity partners. Our aim is that this will become a yearly incentive for all our employees.
- - Charity is central to our business and we have raised over £600k since we started on our charitable journey; be truly involved and build relationships with your house charity and our international partners.
- - We are committed to work life balance and have taken real steps to protect your precious time away from work- goodbye WhatsApp groups and 60-hour weeks!
- We are always investing in systems and technology to ensure you have the best tools in the industry.
- You’ll have the opportunity to impact change as we evolve and be valued as the unique individual you are.
- Ranked top 50 for two consecutive years in Sunday Times Fast Track 100 behind only one other hospitality business both years.
- Trailblazer 2020, Casual Dining
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary and an achievable bonus scheme
- Clear career progression with our Mowgli Career Tree- we'll help you climb to the top.
- Reasonable working hours- we keep our chef hours between 44-48 hours with the aim of two consecutive days off.
- Guaranteed Christmas Eve (evening), Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off- family time is important to us
- Cycle to work scheme, financial well-being support, Employee Welfare Programme, Mowgli Sabbatical rewarding length of service, Pupternity, your birthday off, enhanced family leave and for those with children- your child's first day of school off and more!
- 50% off food when you come with your family & friends
- Uniform provided and replaced
Join us on our Mowgli journey- we can’t wait to meet you!
More about Mowgli
More about the location
Our Sheffield team know how to serve up delicious curry and Northern charm to the lively Ecclesall Road locals and students alike.
Aunty Geeta moved to Ecclesall Road in the 70s and since spring this year we’ve fallen in love with the area so close to Nisha’s heart.