This individual is responsible for assisting Store Development Department in managing the Company’s construction services & projects (new & existing stores), ensuring timeliness, accuracy, optimum budget utilization (cost), and consistent high quality (according to design standards’) delivery of products and services that uphold the company’s guest experience, meets brand design expectations, cost, timelines and operational requirements including managing consultants/partners and construction documents.
Likewise, s/he works effectively & efficiently in partnership with Real Estate, Planning & Design (P&D) Managers, Operations Team, government agencies and external partners and landlords on the planning and construction process for all plant, office, and store development.
S/He prepares management reports which includes but not limited to project log (construction issues) and ensures resolution of critical & escalated cases. S/He recommends ways to reduce cost, increase profit and promote design efficiencies.
SPECIFIC KEY RESULT AREA (KRA):
1. Project Management
- Lead & execute the plans in partnership with P&D manager; marketing team to consider market-specific design on each project; provide the design vision for stores in alignment with design strategy and standards in partnership with P&D, Real Estate, landlords, city governments (for city requirements) & Operations’ partners. This includes office improvements, renovations, and similar projects.
- Manage the Store Development process working effectively and efficiently in partnership with architects, consultants, contractors and vendors/partners.
- Construct or Build stores that meet design quality standards, individual store budgets, and brand requirements (schematic drawings and store palettes in a market) with alignment from the Planning & Design and Real Estate from due diligence to permit ready.
- Review, monitor & assess external consultants, assessing the scope of the project through information provided by the Due Diligence and deal documents team.
- Utilize project management skills/system in partnership with P&D, Real Estate & Operations partners; communicate & monitor dates to internal and external teams.
- Secure the necessary construction permits and business licenses.
- Provide weekly/monthly summary reports to the management committee.
- Lead, manage, coordinate & monitor success of external partners (contractors, repair/maintenance technicians, etc.) for any needed repairs, installation, modification, or maintenance of any store, plant, or office equipment
2. Equipment/Construction Material Selection
- Keep abreast on the latest technology related to mechanical, electrical, plumbing & structural methodologies & designs to continuously improve on the quality of the restaurant, plant & office designs & construction time, and cost. Recommend designs and fabrications and/or sources equipment/materials based on defined requirements of standard design as needed.
- Assist purchasing department in sourcing of restaurant/bakeshop/plant/office’s equipment/materials/vendors that conforms to the defined specifications.
- Initiate inputs/discussions in the evaluation of vendors’ proposals in terms of design, safety, materials, and labor cost.
- Installation & Turn-Over
- Initiate inputs/discussions in the evaluation of the after-sales performance of the purchased equipment/materials to validate initial assumptions made and update cost implications according to actual construction scenario.
3. Financial & Resource Management
- Give inputs on project annual budget based on:
- Tools and equipment
- Planned equipment acquisitions
- Projected manpower requirements annual PM, capex, and department’s manning complement budget.
- Recommend & implement:
- Short and long-term improvement plans for his assigned stores
- Cost savings projects in line with Store PMM (Preventive Maintenance Manager)
4. People Management
- Manage the performance level of direct report/s. Conduct performance planning, monitoring & reviews.
- Coach, motivate & inspire direct report/s.
- Model & inspire others to live the Jollibee way (corporate values).
5. Documents Control & Safekeeping
- Maintain completeness; accuracy and administration of all store plans.
- Perform other related expertise assignments as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Seek to build/enhance professional competence, knowledge, and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Collaborate and initiate business meetings with internal support functions and external partners to achieve desired results related to the department’s projects.
- Manage allocated budget for project/s and/or assigned unit/department.
- Manage significant timelines and deliverables as agreed.
- Perform other job or SD expertise-related assignments to develop one’s self and/or share one’s expertise resulting to support work efficiencies.
- Must be willing to travel & drive approximately 70% of the time and/or in different project locations in North America.
At least bachelor’s degree in Architecture; Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering or related course/education.
And at least two (2) years supervisory experience in the field of construction, project management or equivalent combination of education & experience in Architecture; Engineering & Construction Management.
Bona Fide Occupational Qualifications (BFQs)
Skills and Essential Traits
- General engineering and troubleshooting skills
- Project presentation skills
- Utilize/apply project management and vendor-management skills; sound engineering practices and legal procedures.
- Analytical & Critical Thinking skills (construction)
- Computer Literacy: MS Excel; Project; Powerpoint; Photoshop; use of Autocad
- Core Competencies: C.A.M.P. requirements
- Creating the Future
- Advancing Personal Excellence
- Managing the Business
- Promoting People Processes
- Essential Traits (as assessed using HR tool)
- Balance of Authoritative and Collaborative
- Effective Enforcing
- Enlists Cooperation
- Interpersonal Skills
- People Oriented
- Handling Conflict
- Pressure Tolerance
- Behavioral Attributes (live the core values of the organization):
- Customer Focus
- Speed with Excellence
- Humility to listen and learn
- Spirit of Family and Fun
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform administrative duties as necessary i.e. making copies (i.e blueprint, etc.), filing, etc.
- Prepare department plans, objectives, goals, strategies, and measures; performance goals and standards.
- Prepare annual budget as assigned
- Prepare management reports.
- Physical Effort/Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will:
- Stand/walk for approximately 70% of the time of their scheduled work shift (during site visits).
- Lift up to 50 pounds, reach, pull, push, grasp and use hands occasionally.
- Bend and/or squat down occasionally.
- Climb, stoop and/or kneel rarely.
- Need to see well enough to read/compose email, reports and use the computer and be proactive to internal and external customers’ needs.
- Need to speak and hear well enough to receive instructions and communicate with direct reports, employees, vendors and client.
- Work Environment: Work is performed indoors and outdoors at hydroelectric plants or control facilities or other assets under all types of conditions, including extreme temperatures, open and confined spaces ranging from crawl spaces to sub-structures as well as varied types of terrains. Job tasks may require working from heights and functioning from lifts, hoists, scaffolds, man basket, bucket trucks, and cranes over surfaces ranging from earthen materials to concrete, steel, electricity, and water. Work activity may be conducted in close proximity to exposed, electrically energized equipment including high voltage systems. The work environment frequently involves exposure to equipment and tools producing high levels of noise, as well as potentially dangerous materials and chemicals that require careful adherence to extensive safety precautions, rules, and regulations. Tensions and pressures may arise in meeting deadlines and goals.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The duties, responsibilities may differ from the job description, and that the other duties as assigned, may be part of the job.
If the position requires a college/university degree, it must have been issued by an educational institution accredited by the United States Department of Education. Any degree issued by an educational institution outside the United States must include documentation validating the equivalency of the degree to the same degree in the United States to be considered acceptable for this company’s purposes.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities may be requested by calling (626) 369-7118 at least five (5) working days in advance of the scheduled examination/assessment date(s).
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.