Catering Sales Manager
Taylor Gourmet Catering is a high volume, multifaceted operation that provides daily catering services to clientele in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area.
The Catering Sales Manager drives the sales of the Taylor Gourmet catering program. S/He would be responsible for sales and profit goals by living our values and providing world class customer service. The Catering Sales Manager will work with catering coordinators to broaden clientele base and sales opportunities and ensure exponential growth in revenue in the catering program.
This is a high profile position where enthusiasm, professional image, and flexibility are required.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures, and standards.
• Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis through communication with delivery drivers and catering commissary team.
• Solicit new business through activities including but not limited to cold calls, walk-in prospecting, and networking.
• Prepare ‘call report’ on daily basis.
• Maintain contact with ongoing clients on a regular basis.
• Keep up to date on catering menu offerings including seasonal menu changes.
• Suggest, confirm, and finalize menus selections with clients.
• Be available at time of delivery for any customer needs or concerns.
• Work closely with market leadership and local Catering Coordinator to provide support in develop existing client base into monthly customers
• Participate in local trainings, team meetings, and development meetings as needed.
• Closely monitor market competition.
• Participate in quality control activities to ensure only the freshest food is delivered to the client.
• Create, implement and monitor a sales action plan for the region.
• Interact in courteous and professional manner with all clients, employees, and community members.
• Respond in courteous, professional and rapid manner in order to resolve all guest and production difficulties.
• Work collaboratively with Marketing to develop necessary collateral.
• Leverage broad understanding of menu items and product margins to work with Finance to develop menus and daily offerings at the client’s request.
• Be available to meet clients for meetings and tastings at the client’s convenience.
• Detailed maintenance of database to capture all client orders, requests, concerns…etc.