• Manages the day-to-day operations of the unit’s performance, cost, revenue, labor and inventory control, quality of products and services.
• Supervises the activities of Assistant Managers and associates by assigning duties and ensuring that the unit is opened and staffed appropriately.
• Manages and reviews unit’s P & L statements to ensure budgetary targets are achieved. Reviews other required reports and operating data. Provides analysis to management as needed.
• Manages all quality control records, including quality assurance and loss prevention policies and procedures and cleaning programs.
• Ensures compliance with company and brand/concept, and/or franchise standards of operating procedures, as well as applicable regulatory agencies.
• Manages recruitment, selection, promotion and other associate status changes.
• Maintains effective communication and positive associate relations by ensuring all duties are performed in a timely and professional manner to include: performance reviews, progressive discipline, resolving employee relations, and managing incentive programs.
• Responsible for the proper training and development of staff and supports associates to ensure delivery of superior guest service.
• Operates unit in compliance with airport requirements and maintains awareness of volume and activities.
• Works with maintenance staff to inspect, maintain, and replace equipment and fixtures when necessary.
• Follows and monitors safe food handling, proper hygiene practices and workplace safety standards for operating a unit.
• Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business, or similar program; or graduation from a recognized culinary institute; or 3-5 years of related experience in restaurant management; or an equivalent of education and experience.
• Knowledge of a food/beverage-based business model. Ability to analyze P&L and sales reports and take appropriate action.
• Ability to select, train, and motivate associates.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions in English; create correspondence and memos.
• Ability to effectively communicate information individually and in group situations to customers, co-workers, and staff.
• Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to apply reasonable understanding in carrying out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to continuously stand and walk. Use hands for lifting and carrying (0-30lbs.) including frequent reaching, grasping, pushing and pulling; and stooping and bending.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities.