"The Wheelwright’s Arms is a wonderful 150-year-old pub offering a great place to meet with family and friends to enjoy fabulous food with a great selection of drinks. Conveniently situated on Emsworth Road in Havant we are easily accessible from the main A27 south coast road linking Southampton, Portsmouth and Chichester. We are also very dog friendly making us a great place to finish a dog walk and enjoy a refreshing drink or a delicious meal. The original Ale House on this site was The Blacksmiths Arms, run by James & Mary Lipscomb and first recorded as a beer retailer in Havant in 1839. Blacksmiths and inns often ran side by side, providing sustenance and smithy work to stagecoaches travelling the length and breadth of the country. Many blacksmiths also provided wheel-making and repair services and the pub name later changed to reflect that booming business, carried out on this same site for many years."