Yard Sale Pizza serve award-winning neighbourhood pizza. We're looking for a Head Pizza Chef, a collaborative team leader who has excellent pizza skills and wants to grow with a fast-expanding company. We’re a young but growing business currently with 8 sites, offering plenty of career progression for hard working individuals.
- You'll be leading a hard working team of chefs in a busy environment
- You'll report to the Kitchen Operations Manager and General Manager, and run all areas of the kitchen on site
- Ensure the smooth running of the kitchen whilst keeping a positive working environment for the team.
As Head Chef you will be responsible for:
- Pizza quality, kitchen speed & service
- Training and maintaining a competent chef team - providing regular appraisals
- Hitting GP and portioning figures
- Maintaining a 5* Food Hygiene standards
- Rota & staff costs
- Stock ordering & rotation
Requirements to be a Head Chef at Yard Sale Pizza:
- Masterclass Pizza-making skills with a passion for pizza.
- Highly skilled in making Neapolitan-style, pizza: making and stretching dough and baking in a stone-based marana oven, and able to teach these skills to others.
- Experience leading a team
- Have first-class organisation skills and attention to detail
- Kitchen management experience - knowledge of risk assessments and food safety and hygiene in a commercial kitchen.
- Be collaborative and have excellent communication skills
- Be eligible to work in the UK
What’s on offer:
- Competitive Hourly Rates
- Full time hours - around 40 per week
- Paid overtime
- Holiday paid in days off or in cash
- Career progression with Yard Sale Pizza - our Shop Head Chefs earn a monthly bonuses based on KPIs
- Working with a brilliant team in a fast-growing company
Other perks include:
- Free pizza on shift and brilliant discounts for family and friends
- Staff parties throughout the year
- Uniform and other merchandise to celebrate your milestones working with us
- 50% off all merchandise
We can't wait to hear from you!
Pizza & Love,
The location: Our second shop south of the river in Balham serving the folk of South-West London, second shop opened in the midst of the pandemic in March 2021 and still going strong! We are open for delivery & collection seven days a week, with a few spots outside to perch with your pizza when things are bit more normal. We've moved into an exceptional neighbourhood, with plenty of restaurants and bars to grab a drink after work :)
About Us: Yard Sale Pizza fired up the oven in 2014, starting with weekly supper clubs from our backyard in Hackney. We now offer delivery, dine-in and takeaway in 10 of our favourite neighbourhoods. Known for our collaborations, we’ve teamed up with illustrators, musicians, international chefs & local eateries- all on the quest for the perfect pie!
We’ve won London’s most-loved restaurant in Time Out’s 2016 Love London awards, were awarded Best Cheap Eats in the Observer Food Monthly Awards in 2017, and were voted London’s favourite pizza in Time Out’s inaugural Clash of the Slices in 2022.
We've got really exciting expansion plans just around the corner and on the look out for great people to join us, so whether or not you see your perfect job, please get in touch and tell us why we should meet!