The Ivy Room is a full-service event space in a historic courtyard building right in the heart of Chicago’s River North neighborhood. With a multitude of spaces and layout options, The Ivy Room is an ideal setting for cocktail parties, weddings, luncheons, meetings and galas all year long.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Banquet House Staff are responsible for setting up and breaking down the room for banquet functions, maintaining the banquet supply areas, and loading, transporting, unloading and storing food, furniture and/or equipment using a company vehicle.
- Set-up and break down banquet facilities according to catering contract for events
- Maintain supply and storage areas
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Safely drive and operate vehicle provided in variable traffic and weather conditions throughout city and suburban areas in compliance with local food handling requirements
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multitask calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Safely transport banquet equipment weighing up to 50 pounds up and down stairs
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the overall guest experience exceeds expectations and anticipate guests’ needs
- Greet guests with a warm, sincere smile
- Use tact and good judgement when dealing with guest challenges and respond to guest needs with patience and courtesy
- Transport and properly operate audio-visual equipment
- Clean and restock guest restrooms
- Empty garbage, keep garbage area clean and covered and ensure there is no disposal of restaurant supplies
- Transport dirty dishes to bus-tub, tray or dish room as needed
- Polish and stock silverware, glassware, dishes and other service utensils
- Assist service team with table settings
- Follow all steps of service
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed