We have an opening for a Sous Chef to join our team. Featured in The Michelin Guide, highly rated by The Good Food Guide, 2 AA Rosettes and runner up in The Observer Food Monthly Awards for Best Place to Drink & Sunday Lunch.
We are seeking a chef who loves to cook great food with high quality ingredients and wants to be part of an enthusiastic, ambitious team. Someone who will contribute to the day to day running of the kitchen alongside our Head Chef, providing menu ideas, nurturing junior chefs, maintaining a high standard of cooking and ensuring overall kitchen operations run smoothly.
Our rotas are written four weeks in advance. Our chefs work 6-7 shifts per week totally a maximum of 45 hours but if you regularly work more than this, you get paid for it.
You will work in each section of the kitchen learning a multitude of skills from bread and pasta making, butchery, pastry and you will have input into our monthly changing menu. You will have the opportunity to visit food producers and eat out as a team in other restaurants for added inspiration.
You will work for a company which:
- Is committed to the development of its staff, providing appropriate and varied learning opportunities.
- Creates an environment where you are recognised for the job you do and your achievements.
- Communicates fully about the company’s aims and plans and includes you in decision making.
- Gives you full information about your role and provides the tools to facilitate your success.
- Nurtures a supportive team ethos within which to work.
- Intends to make you proud to work for a successful, award-winning and growing business.
These are some of the benefits we offer:
- Remuneration of up to £25,000 per annum.
- Full share of tips without company deductions equivalent to £3.25 per hour.
- Pension Scheme
- Performance based rewards and bonuses
- A voucher to use on food and/or drinks at The Sun Inn and Church Street Tavern.
- Meals on duty and a drink after work.
- Individual career development plans, training
- Supplier visits
- A 40 to 45-hour week with a mix of shift patterns, two days off each week and 28 days holiday.
- Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Eve
- A great team of people with great customers, a wonderful building and a beautiful area.